50 Years of Service 50 Years of Keeping the Community Moving
50 Years of Service
50 Years of Keeping the Community Moving
Since 1972, DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine has been committed to improving the lives of its patients by providing exceptional orthopaedic care through innovative techniques, quality services, patient communication, and education. We are focused on building close-knit relationships with our patients and their families. In fact, many of our physicians have lived in North Alabama for decades, and returned specifically to serve the surrounding communities.
Our team of physicians have trained at respected medical institutions and completed advanced training to ensure that our patients receive the best orthopaedic care available. In 2020 alone, DOC physicians performed more than 3,700 surgeries, saw more than 56,000 new patients and conducted nearly 13,000 patient visits. And that’s just one year.
We’re proud of the care we provide to our patients in Decatur, Hartselle, and the surrounding areas. Our practice has grown to include seven physicians, each with extensive training and experience in key specializations:
● Dr. Randy Riehl, board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine, specializes in sports medicine, hip, knee and shoulder pain, joint replacement, and hand surgery, providing non-surgical and surgical treatments.
● Dr. Scott Sharp, board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine, specializes in delivering state-of-the-art sports medicine and upper/lower extremity musculoskeletal care utilizing advanced arthroscopic surgery, minimally invasive joint replacement, and complex fracture fixation.
● Dr. Russell Ellis, board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, specializing in sports medicine, has a current Clinical Faculty appointment for the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine and has served as an Oral Board examiner for the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
● Dr. Stacy Tapscott, board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine, has completed a shoulder surgery and reconstruction fellowship as well as a sports medicine fellowship.
● Dr. Justin Daigre is board-certified in orthopaedics and fellowship trained in foot and ankle surgery.
● Dr. Justin Hallock is board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and fellowship trained in orthopaedic surgery specializing in sports medicine, including open and arthroscopic treatment of the shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee.
● Dr. Matthew Nalamlieng is a board-certified podiatrist who currently focuses on the treatment of chronic and acute foot conditions. He is certified in foot as well as rearfoot and reconstructive ankle surgery with the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS).
Across all areas of specializations, the team has embraced technology where appropriate to reduce pain, limit recovery time, and improve outcomes.
● Mako SmartRobotics allows surgeons to cut less by cutting precisely what’s planned – protecting healthy bone – and allows for adjustments during surgery as needed.
● LAPIPLASTY® 3D Bunion Correction is a new, patented treatment that does more than simply remove “the bump”; it addresses bunions in three dimensions to correct the root of the problem and allow patients to walk within days of surgery.
In addition to the medical care they provide, the physicians at DOC Orthopaedics are also active members of the communities we serve. Our medical professionals serve as board members of numerous professional organizations, volunteer as team physicians for area high school and community college sports teams, and are active members in several local churches.
No matter what your orthopaedic health care needs, the team of professionals at DOC will develop a treatment plan to meet your individual needs. For 50 years, these specialists have been committed to providing exceptional orthopaedic care through innovative techniques, quality services, excellent patient communication, and education. With specialties ranging from general orthopaedics and physical therapy to sports medicine and more, the doctors at DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine can provide local expert guidance to avoid injury, as well as any necessary care for any orthopaedic disorder or injury to help keep you healthy and pain free.