At DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, patients can receive pre-operative, post-operative, and non-operative rehabilitation care. Physical therapists help patients build and regain muscle strength, improve their flexibility, and increase their range of motion. Professional physical therapy services include:
- Care plans: Clinicians work with patients one-on-one to develop an individualized and customized plan of care.
- Pre- and post-operative rehabilitation: Physical therapy can help a patient prepare for or recover from a surgical procedure.
- Manual therapies: The physical therapy team uses hands-on techniques to manipulate muscles and joints to decrease pain and improve a patient’s range of motion.
- Non-operative and post-operative spine rehab: Patients with back injuries, spine pain, or chronic conditions like degenerative joint disease can benefit from this rehabilitation.
- Pain management: Physical therapists utilize ice, heat, stretching, and other pain management techniques to assist patients.
- Orthotics: Over-the-counter and custom-fit foot orthotics are available for patients requiring these services.
The physical therapy clinic works directly with DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine physicians to coordinate patient care.
Meet the Physical Therapy Team
DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine is staffed by experienced physical therapists with a commitment to patient care. The team includes:
Patrick Swinea, P.T.
Originally from Florence, Alabama, Patrick Swinea graduated from the University of South Alabama and has practiced physical therapy for over 25 years. Since 2005, Patrick has served as the Clinic Director for DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. His areas of expertise include post-operative orthopedic rehabilitation and custom foot orthotic fittings.
Patrick, his wife, and their two daughters have lived in Decatur, AL, for more than 20 years. He is a member of Beltline Church of Christ, where he serves as a deacon of Christian Services Missions and has participated in over 20 overseas medical mission trips.
Jeff Williams, P.T.
A graduate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Jeff Williams has been practicing physical therapy since 1976. He joined the staff at DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine four years ago and brings a varied background in general physical therapy, orthopedics, geriatrics, and athletic and occupational injuries.
Jeff’s areas of expertise include:
- Manual therapy of the spine and peripheral joints
- Myofascial release techniques for the treatment of soft tissue problems
- Rehabilitation of occupational injuries
Previously, he was Director of Physical Therapy at Colonial Manor Hospital in Florence, AL, Director of Physical Therapy at Humana Hospital in Huntsville, AL, and was the owner of Williams Therapy Service.
Jeff grew up in Decatur, AL, and graduated from Priceville High School. He and his wife have been married for over 40 years and have two children and 10 grandchildren. In his spare time, Jeff enjoys gardening, landscaping, and painting.
Patients at DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine benefit from the latest advancements in physical therapy care. Patrick and Jeff further develop their expertise as clinicians through continuing education programs, in-service training, and independent study.
Choose DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine for Physical Therapy
Whether athletes, weekend warriors, or just dealing with some aches and pains, patients should trust their physical therapy needs to DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. Offering the best physical therapy in Decatur and Hartselle, AL, the clinical team is dedicated to helping each patient achieve their desired health outcomes. DOC Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine has been serving the community for more than 50 years and is known for exceptional pain management and rehabilitation care. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact the office today.