Justin Daigre, MD
About Dr. Daigre
Dr. Daigre is board-certified in orthopaedics and fellowship trained in foot and ankle surgery. His expertise and caring approach makes him one of the best foot and ankle surgeons in Alabama. He provides non-surgical and surgical treatments to meet your orthopaedic needs. Whether it is a painful bunion or you need a total ankle replacement, Dr. Daigre is here to keep you on your feet.
Dr. Daigre is originally from Decatur, AL. He graduated in 2000 from Decatur High School and earned a B.S. in Biology from UAB. He completed medical school at South Alabama in Mobile, AL and then moved to West Virginia University to complete his orthopaedic training. It was in orthopaedic residency that he found his interest in foot and ankle surgery. He spent a year in foot and ankle fellowship training in Columbus, OH and has now returned to provide care for the community where he was raised.
Dr. Daigre is an active member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and a diplomat of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He works with two orthopedic implant companies: In2Bones and Treace Medical. With In2Bones, he helps design orthopedic products that are used in the operating room. Dr. Daigre helps teach other surgeons how to use Treace Medical’s Lapiplasty system, the revolutionary 3D bunion correction system.
Dr. Daigre is married and has six children. He enjoys outdoor activities, teaching and Christian theology. Harvest Pointe Methodist Church is their home church.
Areas of Expertise
- Total Ankle Replacement and Revisions
- Sports Injuries (Achilles, Ankle Sprains and Strains)
- Foot and Ankle Arthritis
- Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy and Endoscopy
- Cartilage Injuries and Restoration
- Deformity Correction including flatfoot and high arches
- Diabetic Feet including Charcot Deformities
- “Laser Targeting with C-arm Fluoroscopy: Effect on Image Acquisition and Radiation Exposure” J Orthop Trauma 2013 May. PMID: 22773019
- “The Effect of Dorsal Plate Positioning on Dorsiflexion Angle in Arthrodesis of the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint: A Cadaveric Study” FAI 2014 May. PMID: 24798914
- “Assessment of Bone Marrow Aspiration Site Pain in Foot and Ankle Surgery” Foot Ankle Spec. 2015 Oct. PMID: 26459364
- “Preliminary Results of Primary Gastrocnemius-Soleus Recession for Midfoot Charcot Arthropathy” Foot Ankle Spec. 2015 Sep. PMID: 26395022
- “Radiographic Assessment of a Medullary Total Ankle Prosthesis: A Test of Agreement and Reliability” Foot Ankle Spec. 2016 Jul. PMID: 27412962
- “Accuracy and Reproducibility Using Patient-Specific Instrumentation in Total Ankle Arthroplasty” Foot Ankle Int. 2016 Dec. PMID: 27920333
- “Cross-Sectional Analysis of the Distal Fibular Intramedullary Canal: A Cadaveric Evaluation” Foot Ankle Spec. 2018 Jan. PMID: 29361841
- “First Metatarsal Head Osteochondral Defect Treatment With Particulated Juvenile Cartilage Allograft Transplantation: A Case Series” Foot Ankle Int. 2018 Feb. PMID: 29110501
- Mark A. Prissel , Justin L. Daigre , Murray J. Penner and Gregory C. Berlet. Chapter 8 INFINITY® Total Ankle System. In Primary and Revision Total Ankle Replacement. Springer 2016.
- W. Bret Smith and Justin Daigre. Chapter 16 Charcot Midfoot. Essential Foot and Ankle Surgical Techniques. Springer 2019.
- Roberto Brandao, Justin Daigre, Christopher Hyer. Chapter 35 Hindfoot and Ankle Charcot Reconstruction. Essential Foot and Ankle Surgical Techniques. Springer 2016.